Have you been using painkillers because of your shoulder pain? Unfortunately, pain-relieving medications don’t deal with the root cause of the pain. They only mask the symptoms. However, chiropractic care from Johnson Chiropractic and Acupuncture in Lincoln, NE, can help make your shoulder pain will be a thing of the past. We focus on the source of your pain to help create a lasting solution.
Is shoulder pain troubling you in Lincoln, NE? Learn how chiropractic care can help manage your shoulder pain.
Causes of Shoulder Pain
Why is your shoulder in pain? There are several causes of shoulder pain. If you are experiencing stiffness and pain in your shoulders, the below factors could be the culprits:
- Osteoarthritis: When the cartilage cushioning your shoulder bones wears out, bones rub against each other, causing pain and stiffness. When arthritis goes untreated, bone spurs form, leading to further limited mobility.
- Injury: Sports accidents, car accidents, falls, and slips can cause shoulder injuries, causing pain, swelling, and limited range of motion.
- Frozen shoulder: When your shoulder’s ligaments, tendons, and muscles become stiff, movement may be limited.
- Rotator cuff tear: The rotator cuff is composed of a group of muscles and tendons. Any injury to the rotator cuff leads to pain, especially when moving your shoulders away from the body.
- Shoulder dislocation: Due to impact, the upper bone may pop out from the shoulder blade, causing pain and reduced mobility.
- Tendinitis: Irritation of the tendons causes pain and tenderness in the shoulders.
- Bursitis: Inflammation of the fluid-filled sacs (bursae) causes pain and limited mobility in the shoulders.
- Radicular pain: Sometimes, shoulder pain is not localized — the pain could be radiating from the arms or neck.
If you have shoulder pain, don’t try to keep using it because this may worsen the condition. Book an appointment with our chiropractor for help and treatment.
Shoulder Pain Treatment
The first step when you come to see our chiropractor for shoulder pain is to diagnose the pain. Here, we take your medical history and physically examine your shoulder to pinpoint the location and extent of the injury. After we diagnose your shoulder pain, we may use chiropractic care to help. In the case of radicular pain, our chiropractor may manipulate the spine to help bring relief to other body parts, including your shoulders. Our chiropractor may also manipulate your shoulders to help reduce pressure on the compressed nerves.
Contact Us for More Information
Is shoulder pain slowing you in life? If you are in Lincoln, NE, and its environs, book an appointment with us at Johnson Chiropractic and Acupuncture for pain relief. Call us at (402) 464-0444.