Head and Neck Pain: How Spinal Adjustments and Acupuncture Can Help
Pain in your head and neck can disrupt your daily life, making even the simplest of tasks more difficult. Chiropractic adjustments and acupuncture can help improve head and neck pain, including chronic and acute issues. We at Johnson Chiropractic and Acupuncture in Lincoln, NE are a treatment option, but many people are under the impression that our chiropractor only deals with the back. The truth is spinal adjustments and acupuncture can help reduce and even help eliminate the pain you are experiencing in your head and neck.
What Are the Common Causes of Neck Pain?
Neck pain is a common problem that people of all ages can experience. Along with trauma, your neck can also suffer from poor daily habits, such as posture. Some common cause of head and neck pain are:
- Stress can cause a wide array of health issues, including neck pain.
- Tech neck occurs from tilting your neck in the wrong position for an extended period, such as when you're looking down at your phone or laptop.
- Whiplash is caused by rapid and forceful back and forth motion of the neck. It is often seen in car accidents.
- Subluxation is caused by your vertebra changing its alignment.
- Spinal stenosis is caused by the spaces in your space narrowing, which can lead to irritated and pinched nerves.
- Worn joints caused by degenerative disc disease or osteoarthritis.
- A herniated or bulging disc in the spine.
Can Our Chiropractic Adjustment Help My Pain?
Our chiropractor can utilize spinal manipulation, also known as spinal adjustment, to help align your spine to relieve the pressure that is causing the head and neck pain. Furthermore, these spinal adjustments can also help reduce the number of headaches and migraines you are experiencing.
Can Acupuncture Help My Pain?
Acupuncture has been used for thousands of years to treat a wide array of medical issues, including head and neck pain. Acupuncture may help to reduce pain and help improve neck function. In addition, acupuncture has shown to reduce stress levels. So, neck pain caused by stress can also be treated with acupuncture.
Contact Us for More Information about Head and Neck Pain
If you're experiencing pain in your head or neck, reach out to us at Johnson Chiropractic and Acupuncture in Lincoln, NE, today. Our Lincoln, NE, staff are happy to assist in making an appointment for you with our chiropractor. Don't suffer from head and neck pain. Call us at (402) 464-0444 today.