Suffering from back pain in Lincoln, NE? It might have been a trying time for you, but the good news is that you may be able to get relief from chiropractic care. So, whether your back pain has lasted for days or months, book an appointment with us at Johnson Chiropractic and Acupuncture for pain management.
Causes of Back Pain
Your back is composed of bones, nerves, ligaments, tendons, and other tissues to provide support and flexibility to your body. If any of these components is compromised, you will likely experience back pain. The common causes of back pain include:
- Injuries — falls, slips, car accidents, and sports injuries may result in back pain and stiffness
- Medical conditions such as osteoarthritis, spinal stenosis, and scoliosis are known culprits for back pain
- Poor posture — unnatural posture when sleeping or sitting may put undue pressure on the spine, causing pain
- Occupation — if your work involves lifting heavy objects or sitting for a long time, your occupation may trigger back pain
- Obesity — unhealthy weight puts pressure on the spine, causing pain
What Happens During the First Chiropractic Visit?
The first appointment may last about 30-60 minutes. The objective of the first appointment can be to build a personal relationship with you and establish your treatment goals and medical history. Our chiropractor may ask for details about the following:
- Sleeping patterns
- Your occupation
- Past injuries and illnesses
- Recent accidents, even if it was a minor slip or fall, mention it to our chiropractor
- Current medications you are taking
- Exercise regimen
- Whether you take alcohol or smoke
Next, our chiropractor may ask you to describe your symptoms. Do you have any tingling or numbness? What makes your pain worse? After recording your symptoms, we undertake a physical exam to check your spinal mobility. We may also request x-ray images for further diagnosis.
How We Treat Back Pain
The first treatment our chiropractor is likely to administer is spinal manipulation. Here, you will be asked to lie on a table, and then our chiropractor will use his hands to align your back joints. The treatment is painless, and the only thing you will hear is “cracking” noises as gas is being released from the misaligned joints. Some patients may be a bit sore or stiff after a few days of spinal adjustments as their bodies get used to the new alignment. You may need several sessions to benefit from spinal manipulations.
Get Chiropractic Back Pain Treatment from Our Chiropractor
Are you battling neck pain in Lincoln, NE and its environs? Schedule an appointment with Johnson Chiropractic and Acupuncture for pain relief. We have several treatments to help restore your health to what it used to be. Call us at (402) 464-0444.